The Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in multiple Event cancellations, the postponement of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games, as well as many other operational and logistical disruptions to the FEI Calendar and FEI Rules.
As you will have seen, the FEI is actively communicating on all Decisions and Resolutions and there is also a dedicated hub for all Covid-19 related information and news on Inside.fei.org. In a bid to ensure even greater clarity for all stakeholders, we have now revamped the Resolutions page on Inside.fei.org and all FEI Board Resolutions and discipline-specific Calendar Task Force Decisions are now catalogued by discipline and key themes/topics. We highly recommend all members of the community to acquaint themselves with the Resolutions & Decisions which have been passed due to Covid-19 by simply clicking on any of the direct links below:
The Resolutions & Decisions page is updated as and when new Resolutions and Decisions are made, in order to keep the equestrian community up to speed on all the latest developments.
Each Resolution and Decision includes the date – with the most recent at the top – and you will also find details of the decision-making authority behind each Resolution/Decision, ie:
- Executive Board Resolution: A Resolution taken by the FEI Executive Board
- Board Resolution: A Resolution taken by the FEI Board
- Emergency Board Resolution*: A Resolution taken by the FEI Board as per Article 20.3 of the FEI Statutes, whereby in an Emergency Situation – a serious situation or occurrence that happens unexpectedly and clearly requires immediate action – the Board may, by a two-thirds (2/3) majority of votes cast, pass
- Resolutions which are normally the prerogatives of the General Assembly. National Federations are informed of all Emergency Resolutions and those eligible to vote have up to 30 days of the date of the notice to declare their disapproval by contacting the FEI Director Governance & Institutional Affairs.
- Calendar Task Force Decision: As per the Board mandate of 27 April, the Calendar Task Forces and the Secretary General have been given the authority to take Decisions, on a case–by-case basis, related to the FEI Calendar in 2020.