The Board of the Canadian Warmblood Horse Breeders Association recently accepted the resignation of Charmaine Bergman as Chair due to health issues. Charmaine took office in 2015 and has led the organization during a period of difficult economic recovery and leaves her position with the CWHBA in its best financial situation ever; well positioned to embark on several important initiatives that have been in planning for the past two years.
BC Chapter National Director, Janice Tyndall was appointed by the Board to replace Charmaine for the remainder of the two year term until 2022. Janice, who has been Secretary for the past several years, will be at the helm to guide the CWHBA through the implementation phase of our new website and the planned reopening of a CWHBA office, anticipated for sometime in 2021.
The Board and members of the CWHBA thank Charmaine for her many years of service as Saskatchewan Chapter President, National Secretary, National Treasurer and of course as National Chair. We send our wishes for a speedy recovery and look forward to her continued engagement on the Board as Past Chair.
2021 Stallion Service Auction
Get ready for this year’s Stallion Service Auction, February 21 – 27. It promises to be better than ever as owners are nominating their great stallions. Like last year there will be a number of non breeding items and of course lifetime memberships. Unique to our sale is the foal futurity program. Each stallion owner and successful bidder has a free entry into the local chapter Foal Futurity. It is funded by proceeds from the SSA.
Your CWHBA registered foal, by a nominated stallion born the year following the SSA, will be eligible to compete in one Foal Futurity – held in each Province. The CWHBA is a reputable organization which is internationally recognized by the World Breeding Federation for Sport horses (WBFSH).
• You have an opportunity to breed to some of the best breeding stallions around
• Bids start at 50% of the advertised service fee with no buyer premium!
• Anyone can register to bid
• Your foal will be eligible to be registered with a reputable organization (the CWHBA!)
• Your CWHBA registered foal will be eligible for a provincial foal futurity (registration application can be submitted at the Futurity competition)
• Successful bidders have a complimentary nomination in a provincial foal futurity (registration application can be submitted at the Futurity competition)
• Participating Stallion Owners have a complimentary nomination for one CWHBA foal in a provincial foal futurity (this is transferable)
• CWHBA is recognized internationally by the World Breeding Federation and nationally by the APA, with our registrar at CLRC
Visit the auction website often for updates.
About the CWHBA
The Canadian Warmblood Horse Breeders Association (CWHBA) was Incorporated, under the Canadian Live Stock Pedigree Act, in 1991. The association is a corporate union of breeders for the purpose of furthering warmblood horse breeding in Canada. The purpose of the association is:
• to unite the breeders, owners and friends of Warmblood horses in Canada;
• to maintain of the Stud Book of Canadian Warmblood horses including approved stallions, mares and foals;
• to maintain a uniform breeding program of warmblood horses in Canada;
• to promote breed shows and representation in exhibitions;
• to provide information to breeders, owners and friends and generally encourage public understanding of the Canadian Warmblood horse.
The breeding aim of the Canadian Warmblood Horse Breeders Association is a medium sized, well bred Warmblood horse that is naturally talented to excel in Olympic and related equestrian sports – Dressage, Jumping, Driving, Eventing, Hunter.
To see a list of CWHBA Stallions Activated for the 2021 Breeding Season click here.
To access the January 2021 issue of the World Breeding News, click here.