Week one of the 2017 Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF), the Lloyd Landkamer Memorial presented by the AMCI Group to benefit Brooke USA, concluded its final day of competition on Sunday at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC), in Wellington, FL, with a victory in the FEI Intermediate I Freestyle for Christoph Koschel (GER) and Ballentines 10.
The circuit resumes January 20-22 with the CPEDI 1*/2*/3* Para Dressage, presented by Mane Stream courtesy of Rowan O’Riley, Mission Control, Adequan®, and Nutrena. The 2017 AGDF hosts seven CDI events, two CPEDI competitions, and national shows through March 25.
Christoph Koschel (GER) and Ballentines 10, a 2008 Hanovarien gelding (Belissimo M x Weltina x Weltmeyer) owned by Hof Beckerode GmbH, ended their day with a score of 72.800% in the FEI Intermediate I Freestyle.
“My horse felt great today,” said Koschel. “It’s his first international show. I was proud of him (Ballentines 10) today. He is really green, and I think he will be a great horse for the future and for the Grand Prix.”
The pair rode to freestyle music designed originally for a different horse, Koschel explained. “It’s the music from my wife, and it is a pretty easy one (freestyle). But I think that to ride a horse for the first time in a freestyle, you can’t make it too difficult.” Of the music in regards to Ballentines 10’s overall performance, Koschel commented, “It fit quite well.”
Coming in second to Koschel in the FEI Intermediate I Freestyle was Katharina Stumpf (AUT) and For My Love, a 2011 Hanoverian gelding (For Feeling x Escudine x Escudo I) owned by Stumpf, with a score of 69.525%. Third place was awarded to Lindsay Kellock (CAN) and Royal Prinz, a 2001 Oldenburg stallion (Royal Diamond x Mystica x Dream of Glory) owned by Teresa Simmons, with a score of 69.200%.
Other classes of the day included the FEI Junior Rider Freestyle, sponsored by The Axel Johnson Group, won by Natalia Bacariza Danguillecourt (ESP) and Zoef Ymas, a 2004 KWPN gelding (Amsterdam x Mona x Walser) owned by Yeguada de Ymas S.L., with a score of 70.150%. Juan Matute Guimon (ESP) rode Quantico Ymas, a 2006 Hanoverian gelding (Fighting Fit x Hauptstutbuch) owned by Juan F Matute, to victory in the FEI Grand Prix Freestyle 16-25, sponsored by Diamante Farms, with a score of 72.925%. The FEI Young Rider Freestyle, sponsored by Yeguada de Ymas, awarded the win to Katrina Sadis (USA) and Zepelim, a 2004 Lusitano gelding (Ribamar x Sereia) that she owns, with a score of 69.675%.
Competition at AGDF will resume Friday, January 20, with the CPEDI 1*/2*/3* Para Dressage, presented by Mane Stream courtesy of Rowan O’Riley, Mission Control, Adequan®, and Nutrena. For more information and to see a full list of results, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
FEI Intermediate I Freestyle
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E%, Judge H%, Judge C%, Judge M%, Judge B%, Total %
1. Christoph Koschel (GER), Ballentines 10, 2008 Hanovarien gelding by Belissimo M x Weltina x Weltmeyer owned by Hof Beckerode GmbH: 71.250%, 74.250%, 71.250%, 73.750%, 73.500%, 72.800%
2. Katharina Stumpf (AUT), For My Love, 2011 Hanoverian gelding by For Feeling x Escudine x Escudo I owned by Katharina Stumpf: 69.250%, 71.750%, 67.500%, 69.500%, 69.625%, 69.525%
3. Lindsay Kellock (CAN), Royal Prinz, 2001 Oldenburg stallion by Royal Diamond x Mystica x Dream of Glory owned by Teresa Simmons: 66.625%, 70.875%, 69.250%, 70.500%, 68.750%, 69.200%
4. Krystalann Shingler (CAN), Fidelio, 2008 Oldenburg gelding by Fidertanz x Ramila owned by Krystalann Shingler: 67.500%, 69.375%, 70.250%, 68.000%, 67.875%, 68.600%
5. Christopher Hickey (USA), Diamant Sky, 2006 Westfalen gelding by Dancing Dynamite x Hauptstutbuch owned by Molly Paris: 66.750%, 70.750%, 66.625%, 69.125%, 68.750%, 68.400%
Photo Credit: ©SusanJStickle. These photos may only be used once in relation to this press release with credit.