Equestrian Canada (EC) is now accepting applications from individuals interested in volunteering on the Equestrian Canada Dressage Committee starting in 2020.
As an operational committee of EC, the Dressage Committee is responsible for providing strategic guidance and counsel to EC management to support the development of dressage in Canada. The Committee works in collaboration with other EC committees, task forces and national office staff to provide assistance in implementation of the respective mandates.
Specific responsibilities of the Committee include:
- Advising management on the annual operational priorities, strategies and performance targets for the ongoing development of dressage in Canada.
- Reviewing and reporting on the achievement of the Committee’s annual operational priorities and performance targets, and identifying key areas for improvement.
- Providing input and feedback to management concerning policies, programs, rules, regulations and services related to the development of dressage.
- Supporting management in dealing with appeals related to dressage.
- Interfacing as a unit with the equestrian community in partnership with management on key developments, issues, challenges and achievements within dressage.
- Providing strategic counsel on matters concerning high performance programs and services.
Committee members will be appointed by the EC senior leadership upon recommendation of the Committee for a term of three (3) years. Each member is eligible to serve up to two (2) terms. In appointing the members of the Committee, consideration is given to diversity, including without limitation, national/international experience and competency in the sport discipline, as well as gender, regional, technical and linguistic balance.
Members of the Committee must be registered participants in good standing with EC and hold a valid Sport Licence.
How to Apply
Individuals are invited to submit their resume, along with an expression of interest, highlighting their unique qualifications to serve on the Committee to:
Senior Manager, Dressage
The applicant’s full name and EC Sport Licence number must be included in the application.
The deadline for applications is Nov. 1, 2019.