The Florida Dressage Classic CDI-W, presented by USPRE Association, at the Adequan Global Dressage Festival finished today with the last class of the Small Tour. Christilot Boylen (CAN) captured the top spot again today winning the $6,000 FEI Intermediaire I Freestyle, sponsored by Havensafe Farm.
Judges for this class were Jane Weatherwax (USA) at E, Victoire Mandl (AUT) at H, Jacques Van Daele (BEL) at C, Jennie Loriston-Clarke (GBR) at M, and Jean-Michel Roudier (FRA) at B.
It was a great weekend for Boylen, winning all her classes that she entered. Receiving a score of 73.375% atop Dio Mio (De Niro x Charmeur), she was overjoyed at his performance this afternoon. Of the 10-year-old black Hanoverian gelding, she commented, “Today was the first time we had done our Freestyle as I just got the music two days ago! He had some trouble in the lines, but overall I am pleased.”
Up next for the six-time Olympian is competing with her young horses. “They are all very talented. I believe that the older, more experienced riders should be on the young, green horses and vice versa. That’s a mixture that works well. I can offer these horses a lot more support, because I’ve done it so often. To support them in their first attempts gives a really great foundation. If they have good experiences in the ring, they will grow on that. Otherwise, they lose their confidence and will to perform in the arena,” reflected Boylen.
For full results and more information, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com
$6,000 FEI Intermediare Freestyle
1. Dio Mio, Christilot Boylen (CAN): E: 72.625%, H: 71.375%, C: 78.625%, M: 74.000%, B: 70.250%, Total: 73.375%
2. Tolstoy, Nicholas Fyffe (AUS): E: 66.875%, H: 71.750%, C: 68.750%, M: 69.000%, B: 64.625%, Total: 68.200%
3. Rigaudon Tyme, Evi Strasser (CAN): E: 66.875%, H: 70.000%, C: 66.875%, M: 68.875%, B: 66.125%, Total: 67.750%
4. Nymphenburg’s Love, Katharina Stumpf (AUT): E: 62.625%, H: 68.125%, C: 60.125%, M: 61.625%, B: 64.375%, Total: 63.375%
5. Ungaro, Sonia Zugel (IRL): E: 62.250%, H: 61.875%, C: 58.375%, M: 63.125%, B: 64.625%, Total: 62.050%